International Financial Firm is seeking a Human Resources Manager with Japanese language skill who will be responsible for establishing, maintaining, and enhancing firm’s human resources functions, including developing and implementing talent acquisition and retention strategy, addressing complex employee relations matters, administering compensation programs, and evaluating and implementing various human resources -related policies and procedures.
- Partner with leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Develop working knowledge of headquarter employment practices and procedures.
- Coordinate annual rotation of expatriate staff and trainees from headquarters, including working with in-house counsel to obtain visas, and supporting expatriate staff with housing searches.
- Provide explanation, interpretation, and/or guidance to employees and managers regarding HR programs, policies, and procedures; conduct all new hire orientations, employee interviews, and manage exit process for departing staff.
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Provide consultation to managers on various employee related issues, including proper handling of performance management and disciplinary matters.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Lead annual performance and compensation review process; analyze proposals and raise recommendations; compile data, assist in formulating budget, and produce management reports.
- In collaboration with in-house counsel, ensure compliance with applicable government regulations by monitoring, interpreting, and implementing applicable human resource federal/state/local legal requirements (i.e.; policy updates, legal postings, updated forms, required training, etc.); collect and organize data for audits and assessments.
- Regularly audit activities and records to ensure they are updated; analyze, evaluate and document procedures to improve efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Complete special projects and HR initiatives; prepare proposals and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data, costs, best practices and trends.
- Lead and coordinate social events for the firm, including team-building events for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or equivalent experience is required. MBA and/or SHRM certification is preferred.
- At least 5-10 years of well-rounded HR experience, with background in recruitment, compensation and employee relations/employment law.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills, business proficiency or fluency in Japanese preferred.
- Financial services industry experience preferred; previous work experience in a Japanese or other global company is helpful.
- Prior direct experience and knowledge of employee benefits (including leave administration and calculations for Paid Family Leave); fluency with MS Office and related database systems; working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of NY state, local and federal labor laws; must display the ability to properly interpret, convey and enforce them within the organization.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and leadership skills required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of staff; must be flexible and adaptable to change, with strong follow-up and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate as appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.