An international chemical company is seeking a Sales Assistant.
This position is responsible for providing sales and marketing support to the businesses primarily at Silicon Valley office, including assisting customers and vendors, performing logistics, processing all business transactions, coordinating the operations, maintaining the office, and following strategy and policies in order to achieve Company objectives.
- Logistics coordination by arranging product transportation for customers, preparing international documents, including commercial and customs invoices, and tracking shipments and updating shipping schedule as necessary
- Process sales transactions by taking customer orders, issuing purchase orders, and maintain database
- Provide customer support by communicating regularly with customers regarding orders and responding to all customer inquiries and complaints in a timely manner
- Performs administrative duties by coordinating accommodation, and other travel arrangements, as requested
- Bachelor’s degree or two to three years related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experiences
- Logistics experience (international export/import) a plus
- Sales support/customer service experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel formulas, pivot tables a plus)
- Experience with SAP or accounting system preferred
- Organization, attention to detail, productivity, confidentiality and dependability
- Interpersonal and communication skills, ability to thrive in multi-cultural setting