International Asset Management firm is seeking a Trader with Japanese language skill in their Fixed Income Team.
- Execute portfolio manager generated credit related orders in compliance with trading procedures and portfolio guidelines.
- Participate in internal meetings with Portfolio Managers and Credit Analysts as part of the investment decision -making process.
- Engage in value additive conversations and solutions (index analysis, spread trend monitoring, relative value, trade ideas, difficult to trade situations, alternative investments/comparable securities, New Issue color, etc.)
- Analyze each portfolio and advise portfolio managers accordingly, considering guidelines, customer needs and risk-rewards.
- Build network with the broker/dealer community to obtain valuable bids and offers; facilitate improved new issue allocations, market intelligence and act as a point of contact for the platform.
- Increase efficiency of execution and help create automated solutions for the desk’s processes and order flow.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related concentration required; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in credit areas, fixed income and fund investing with an understanding of the broad financial environment; trading experience preferred.
- Strong command of MS Office software and advanced Excel; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated trading tools (including marketAxess).
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English and Japanese.
- Detail-oriented, proactive and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team.
- A flexible team player able to adapt to change