An international financial firm is seeking a Credit Risk Analyst with Japanese language skill who will be supporting commercial lending & investment banking business primarily to US subsidiaries of Japanese corporate customers.
- Manage a designated portfolio of Japanese corporate credit customers.
- Perform due diligence and scheduled reviews regularly.
- Analyze credit risk of the designated portfolio, determine accurate ratings, and make recommendations of accurate and timely ratings to management with support from senior portfolio manager.
- Prepare detailed credit analysis and credit applications in accordance with Americas Credit Policy, Americas Credit-Related Procedures, Credit Rules, and JCB Credit Operating Manual, evaluating the borrower’s industry / business / legal / financial risks and recommending extensions of credit to management.
- Basic cash flow modeling skills and understanding of assigned industries / industry sub-sectors are required, and maintain most updated knowledge on the industries through internal / external sources and direct communication with the customers.
- Able to understand and assess risk of standard bank products such as loans, stand-by LC, trade finance, forex, derivatives, and securitization.
- Maintain direct communication with assigned customers.
- Oversight of covenants compliance, facility due date, condition / instruction / report required.
- Responsible for coordinating and communicating account information to internal auditors and external regulators (e.g., FRB, FSA, BOJ, SNIC, OCC).
- Ongoing training to enhance the all-around skill sets of a portfolio manager.
- Perform other related functions as assigned.
- Work with business lines / product groups to identify prospective transactions.
- Identify structural risks and mitigants in prospective transactions and recommend / enhance structuring of deals and covenant in line with policies and procedures.
- Advise relationship managers on credit risk issues, terms & conditions, to create the best possible deal with a goal of improving profit and minimizing credit cost with support from senior portfolio manager.
- Communicate with credit divisions with regard to rating rationale, facility structuring / exposures, and ensure credit divisions are furnished with all credit related information / analysis pertinent to making a decision.
- Ensure compliance with external regulatory requirements (JFSA, BOJ, FRB, OCC).
- Ensure compliance with internal policy and procedures by understanding and adhering to Americas Credit Policy, Americas Credit-Related Procedures, Credit Rules, Procedures for Credit Ratings, JCB Credit Operating Manual, and any other applicable pronouncements.
- Participate in ad-hoc policy meetings / project teams to enhance organization wide credit risk management framework.
- In-depth knowledge of general corporate credit analysis and risk management
- 7-10yrs for VP, 3-5yrs for Associate of working experience in financial institutions or equivalent, in accounting / financial analysis areas.
- Be able to conduct fundamental credit analysis, make sound credit decisions based on business and financial risks for medium-large corporations. Fully conversant with various types of lending and market risk products.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Japanese language skill (business level or higher) required.
- Bachelor’s degree required (major in accounting / finance / business preferred).
- MBA or CFA is a plus.
- Completion of formal credit training is a plus.