International Bank is seeking an AVP, Business Audit.
- Perform audits in accordance with established standards as outlined in the current Internal Audit Policies and Procedures by supporting the audit results and audit report inclusive of management action plans. The individual in this position is expected to assess the state of governance, risk management and internal control (GRC) processes to identify internal control gaps or weaknesses related to key business risks
- Directly perform all phases of the internal audit process, including control test work and documentation, or direct other team members to perform audit work as well as reviewing/providing feedback to them on their work to ensure the collective business audit work meets the expectations of team’s function.
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in assessing the Bank’s GRC processes, inclusive of enterprise and emerging risks, for the areas assigned to audit (or perform other assurance activities of, including issues tracking and validation, continuous monitoring, auditable entity/key project/key business risk assessments, etc.)
- The result of the execution of the assigned business audit activities will require a root-cause analysis of the factors that led to the identification of internal control gaps or weaknesses. The individual in this position is expected to help report results of audit work in an effective and timely manner, leading to appropriate remedial action and ongoing management of risk.
- Be able to draft audit findings, actively and promptly discuss them with management, and provide the final product to senior managers into final audit report, inclusive of audit issue rating(s) and related recommendations, and audit report rating(s), as relevant. When presenting internal control gaps or weaknesses identified in the course of the audit activities to Bank management, be able to advise management on the adequacy, sufficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the corrective actions.
- Demonstrate positive influence on management to advance the internal control environment for the Business through credible challenge and the identification, reporting and tracking of high impact risk issues that align with industry best practices and regulatory requirements and expectations for the areas of expertise. Therefore, an understanding of relevant regulatory expectations is essential to execute the audit engagements. As relevant, contribute with the Third Line of Defense’s assessment of management’s plans to respond to regulatory issues and inquiries.
- Adhere to the Internal Audit methodology in place. Minimize Quality Assurance comments (e.g., through robust and timely documentation of workpapers prior to report issuance), and address QA findings promptly.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or related curriculum
- CPA preferred
- 3+yrs’ relevant experience in financial institutions
- Team Player
- Strong communications/interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office