An international financial firm is seeking a bilingual Japanese Planning & General Affairs Officer.
- Assists the management of Planning to design, coordinate, implement and monitor bank-wide projects.
- Prepares analytical reports to Tokyo in Japanese.
- Assists with semi-annual bank-wide planning and budgeting & expense control.
- Assist to maintain the data related to the Bank’s Custodial and Securities Lending Business and to analyze the profitability and future prospects to develop the strategy. Assist in market research related to Custodial Business and in analysis of the gap between the Bank and Markets.
General Affairs (General Administration)
- Performs administrative work in General Affairs:
- Maintains accounts payable, document management and handling the Japanese Expatriate administration and important mail handling.
JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches information from various sources like Internet, information vendors, banking regulators and other US global custodians etc.
- Assists in preparing semi-annual Business Plan and in monitoring the budget and expenses.
- Analyzes the collected information and prepare reports for management review.
- Assists in coordinating, implementing and monitoring bank-wide projects relating to Risks and Managerial Accounting to improve efficiency and resource allocation.
- Assists Planning management in operations.
- Coordinates Tokyo-related matters and monitoring related documents, as required.
- Translates important documents as needed.
- Assists in preparing annual Business Plan by coordinating and organizing the objectives and budget plans.
- Conducts periodical Market Research and Gap Analysis to analyze current market situation and Bank’s standing position.
- Supports coordination of the Board meetings, Directors’ administrative issues and the Board related matters
- Supports General Affairs tasks as instructed by management
- Administers Accounts Payable
- Administers Document Management
- Administers Vault open/close and access control
- Liaison with Tokyo office and Japanese expatriates to coordinate relocation and business travel.
- Administers Japanese Expatriate related matters
- Handles Important Mail with the Parent Bank and Subsidiary in Japan
- Greets and directs visitors in person at the front desk or on the telephone
- Provides high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve our processes and platforms by embracing new and better ways of doing things
- Perform all functions as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good PC skills. Proficient in Microsoft applications such as excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Intermittent lifting of heavy files