International Energy Investment Firm is seeking the Senior Accountant accountable for processing upstream accounting information, as well as for assisting with financial reporting, consolidated accounting, audit and other accounting and financial functions for the firm and its related companies. This position is an experienced accounting position. Records accounting information, provides accounting records and reports, analyzes accounting and budget information, reviews accounting policies from time to time, and assists Controller as needed.
- Processes and records revenue and expenditure (including Joint Interest Billings; JIBs).
- Tracks and ensures timely payment of JIBs, ad valorem tax statements and similar invoices.
- Maintains revenue and expense ownership (Division of Interest records).
- Assists with general and administrative expense accruals and accounts payable coding review.
- Prepares accruals for revenue, lease operating expense, ad valorem tax, and upstream capital expenditures.
- Liaison with Landman to resolve ownership discrepancies.
- Prepares and reviews Lease Operating Statements.
- Prepares monthly depletion, Asset Retirement Obligation (ARO) journal entries, depreciation and prepaid amortization journal entries.
- Assists with other monthly accounting journal entries.
- Perform month-end closing activities, including entering journal entries, determining required accruals and performing various calculations.
- Reviews reserve reports at year-end and reclasses capital expenditures.
- Posts data to various ledgers, registers, journals and logs following established accounting techniques and procedures.
- Maintains reconciliations of various general ledger accounts.
- Conduct operational analysis including Authority for Expenditure (AFE)’s, spend analysis, variance explanations, capital budgeting.
- Assists with the preparation of financial statements, international accounting reports, consolidation reports, budget vs. actual reports, audit information, tax reports, and various other fiscal reports.
- Participates in creating and recommending new policies, methods and procedures designed to improve accounting controls and efficiency.
- Ensure detailed compliance with internal controls and procedures.
- Assist with the annual audit by preparing various schedules and responding to audit queries.
- Exchanges and interprets business information; and promotes effective and timely flow of required financial information.
- Identifies, analyzes, verifies, interprets and processes financial and operating transactions and data.
- Works on special projects, as assigned.
- Experience in Upstream Oil and Gas revenue and JIB processing is highly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and accounting software.
- Proficient in Excel – creating/modifying spreadsheets, data cleansing, pivot tables & formulas.
- Experience with W Energy oil and gas software preferred, EnergyLink and Oildex is highly preferred.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with employees and management team, affiliated and partner companies, and consultants.
- Ability to think big picture, forward thinker and anticipate requests.
- Proven analytical skills, attention to detail and high quality and accurate reporting.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, and can meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multi-task, prioritize, work under pressure and highly organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
Minimum 3 years work experience in oil & gas accounting