An International Manufacturing Company is seeking a Sales and Business Development Manager who will be providing sales and business development of track monitoring business. Sales of the track monitoring system include all sales activities for customers. Business development of track monitoring includes creating new ideas of track related business and service which contribute to track maintenance. Primary customers are Class 1 freight railroads.
- Contact point of customers of track monitoring business
- Liaise among customers, suppliers, the company, and the company’s head office.
- Conduct sales activities of the track monitoring business, including promotion, pilot testing management, bid management, and contract negotiation.
- Perform project management of the track monitoring business after contract, including production, delivery, data provision, customer support, invoice control, and post-sales.
- Develop new business related to track by collecting and analyzing market information and needs of track related business through industrial organizations, i.e., AREMA and NAMRC, consultants, customers, and competitors.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree
- 5+years’ experience in the railroad industry
- Familiarity with track engineering (inspection and maintenance)
- Superb organizational skills and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Marketing and project management skill/experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Able to make frequent domestic travels