This role plans and implements treasury applications in coordination with other technical teams, business departments and Tokyo application support teams.
The Project Manager / Business Analyst supports the FOX and OBS applications that interface with various internal/external applications in NA/EMEA and the Tokyo Head Office. FOX is FX (Spot, Forward, Option and Swap) trading/booking system for internal bank staff. The bank staff operates OBS to book Money, CD, CP, Time Deposit, Facility, Security Trade, Security Inventory, Derivative, Repo, Reverse Repo and Collateral.
While the servers are based in NJ/NY, each application is developed and maintained by Tokyo application support team. Daily deliverables include end-to-end project management, troubleshooting of user and production issues and on-going application maintenance activities. Acts as a technical expert who works cross-functionally on multi-disciplinary projects within area of expertise.
- Back office business analysis and design experience including payment, settlement, cash flow, accounting and reconciliation is a plus.
- Meets with business users to gather requirements including facilitating discussions and necessary follow-ups to close all outstanding questions and concerns.
- Gathers and documents functional requirements and produces detailed functional specifications.
- Develops use cases with the business and ensures the proper testing is completed.
- Oversees development of data definitions, helping to analyze data sets for data anomalies and/or to verify data quality and content and producing data quality metrics.
- Uses understanding of high-level database architectures to work with data analysts and architects to ensure database designs are consistent with information architecture and information management.
- Leads data modeling activities and mentors ETL/BI developers in
understanding the bank’s data structure.
- Manages small-to-mid-sized projects to follow-up on plans, mitigate issues and risks, and
coordinates relevant parties including Tokyo Head Office teams.
- Understand overall system architectures of the applications, and work with network, middleware, production support teams in the IT department to complete projects as well as troubleshoot production issues.
- Business level verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of financial products including but not limited to Money, CD, CP, Time Deposit, Facility, Security Trade, Security Inventory, Derivative, FX (Spot, Forward, Option and Swap), Repo, Reverse Repo and Collateral.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams in a fast-paced development environment. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Basic knowledge of project management methodology/SDLC processes in IT financial services environments.
- Basic knowledge of Unix (RHEL/HP-UX) based servers, network and interface communication technologies including but not limited to MQ, SFTP, HTTP and ODBC is a plus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field preferred but not required.