Product Manager – Nutritional Chemicals
A global leading nutritional chemical supplier is seeking a self-motivated and diligent individual who will be responsible for maintaining suppliers’ relationships and providing customer support.
– Work closely with suppliers to handle their products and maintain a positive business relationship.
– Work closely with suppliers to handle and manage joint projects to the benefit of both parties.
– Obtain and advises supplier on all technical documentation regarding managed product.
– Providing customer activities updates to suppliers at request.
– Provide suppliers every month with Monthly Activity Highlights with Top accounts and prospects.
– Provide suppliers every quarter with Quarterly Analysis Reports with all the activity on customers and prospects and Sales Forecast.
– Build and maintain PBI supplier relationship by communicating at least once a week and proactively planning customer business trips and meetings at industry tradeshows.
– Manage all imports, samples, regulatory projects with supplier.
– Updating suppliers on the needs and trends of the market once every quarter.
– Manage product inventory via company ERP system.
– Approve customer and vendor orders specific to products managed.
– Manage supplier agreements with new/existing suppliers.
– Review customer labelling to confirm compliance with suppliers’ product standard.
– Work with Quality Assurance to liaise with suppliers and bring all managed products into compliance.
– Provide customers directly with pricing, documentation, studies, samples etc on an as needed basis.
– Support sales staff creating activity for managed products.
– Coordinate sales activity and create proactive follow up and sales plans surrounding your product with various sales staff.
– Manage execution of agreements with new/existing customers.
– Follow up with any new inquiries for your products within 24 hours.
– Conduct market research/analysis connected to managed products.
– Work with the sales team and find the key contact of each company to approach which may include ownership, R&D, Product Development, Marketing, and/or decision-making staff.
– Analyze different market segments to create strategy around the sale of managed products.
– Coordinate efforts with Marketing Department to build awareness and sales of managed products.
– Identify and Police customer finish products already launched in the market of managed products through creation and maintenance of Finished Product Charts and share with Suppliers or utilize to further develop sales.
– Participate in industry trade shows and business travel to promote managed products.
– Arrange and attend customer or supplier visits to further promote managed products.
– Attend various nutritional seminars, webinars to improve the knowledge of the industry and products.
R&D / Quality Assurance
– Continued coordination and research for new products to bring to the company in conjunction with R&D department.
– Help coordinate onboarding of new suppliers under evaluation via handling communication, translation, and relationship building.
– Advises new potential suppliers on how to penetrate the market in all categories (Documentation, Regulations, FDA compliance and Safety Data)
– Educates new potential suppliers on global market / trends.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 yrs of working experience in a corporate setting
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Team player, but also self-reliant
- Multi-lingual and multi-cultural is not a requirement but a plus.