The Financial Analyst is responsible for conducting examinations and internal control reviews for the finance department. This position is responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual financial statements. In addition, the Financial Analyst advises in Japan with respect to all financial transactions, operations and policies for the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage and review the balance of receivables and payable accounts between US and Japan
- Manage employee loans
- Plan, conduct and review monthly physical inventory
- Schedule monthly, quarterly and annual closing
- Manage and review general ledgers on balance sheet and income statement
- Closing general ledger entries monthly, quarterly and annually
- Estimate and review Inventory Valuation, AR Allowance, Warranty Reserves, Reserves for Sales Deductions and Return Allowance
- Prepare for Auditors and provide support documentation
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and statements and report to Japan
- Create and analyze cash flow statement monthly, quarterly and annually
- Manage bank account including cash balance, loan balance and bank reconciliation
- Manage sales tax and reporting procedures for Federal and State
- Prepare sales action plan and profit projection for sales and profit for following month, every quarter and semiannually
- Compare and analyze actual sales, gross profit, sales and administrative expenses and net profit monthly, quarterly and annually
- Manage sales reduction and expense plans
- Perform other duties as assigned by department manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar role.
- Business level in English and Japanese language.
- Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required (advanced Excel).
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret economic conditions and anticipate the impact on the organization.