An international manufacturing company is seeking an IT Specialist.
This position is responsible for providing a consistently high level of end-user support for PCs, network systems, e-mail, voice, and data transmission services and acts as the primary support contact for users.
Provide primary IT Support:
- Provide remote and on-site support to end-users diagnosing and resolving hardware and software related problems. Provides users with a realistic appraisal of the nature of their problems and the resources required to resolve the problem.
- Determine the complexity of user-related problems, resolving those that are within the limits of his/her technical expertise and escalating those that are beyond his/her technical competency.
- Follow and maintain detailed documentation of problems and the steps taken to resolve the existing problem. Shares solutions with other IT support personnel.
- Develop and maintain technical competency/familiarity with the hardware systems and software programs used by employees and provide end-user training when deploying new systems and software.
- Be an integral member of the company’s Information Systems Department and related project teams for specific IT projects.
Support administration of Network and Systems
- Maintain inventory of computing hardware and software used within the Company and ensure compliance with licensing requirements. Support data collection and other compliance efforts to ensure compliance with the company’s Information System Security policies.
- Maintain and support IT and audiovisual equipment (primarily web videoconference equipment and tv displays) used for presentations in conference rooms.
- Suggest and assist with prioritization of IT improvements where needed, including software, hardware, network, and other technologies.
- BS/BA or equivalent in IT administration or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in providing IT support to a diverse clientele.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve user-related and system-related problems in a timely, accurate manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in PC maintenance and diagnostics, installation and debugging of software, documentation procedures, and network administration required.
- Ability to prioritize, handle difficult situations, and multi-task required.
- Ability to work in a multinational environment with some cultural and language differences.