International Bank is seeking an Internal Audit Vice President (VP) with following responsibilities;
- Assist the SVP Internal Audit in the completion of the annual audit schedule of the New York Branch based upon the Bank’s accepted Risk Assessment
- Establish and /or revise audit procedures for each engagement
- Direct and /or participate in functional audits to assess the adequacy of the internal control
- Examine and validate the assets, liabilities, income, expenses and related records of the Branch utilizing generally accepted auditing standards (IIA).
- Prepare audit reports assessing the internal control environment based upon the risk criteria approved by IAD. Recommend corrective action for noted weaknesses and discuss audit results with business groups and senior management.
- Assist in the facilitation of the annual regulatory exam and other ad hoc regulatory reviews conducted by the New York State Banking Departments (NYSDFS) and Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) examiners and serve as the sub-liaison for the Bank. (In case of falling into the situation where conflict of interest may come across by serving as Liaison, the responsibilities as Internal Auditor outweigh over the roles for
- Prepare and submit monthly the Issues Tracking Report to IAD and the General Manager of the
- Assist management in maximizing efficiency and reducing costs through performing functional audits and participation in committee meetings.
- Actively promote integrated auditing concepts and use of technology and analytics in all aspects of the audit plan.
- Work with the SVP Internal Audit to manage and coordinate any audit co-sourcing projects with the external firm ensuring compliance with IAD policies and
- Investigate cases of theft or fraud, acquiring data and information for use by law enforcement agencies and assist in the completion of the Suspicious Activity Report
- Provide IAD and Branch senior management with status reports of Audit Plan and issues affecting the internal audit function.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in the banking and auditing communities by attending seminars/conferences with relevance to the Bank’s business activities.
- Perform special project assignments at the request of Branch senior management or
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in working within the audit or related function of a bank or financial institution, preferably within an international banking environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- An affiliation with a recognized audit organization and formal audit training required.
- Knowledge of state banking laws and FRB regulations.
- Excellent comprehension of relevant aspects of international banking industry, including Treasury, Corporate Finance, Market and Credit Risk Management, Funds Transfer, Accounting, Regulatory Compliance, Information Technology, Information Security, and all Operations supporting the business
- Strong knowledge of auditing principles /standards (i.e., IIA).
- Solid PC skills, particularly Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) and Lotus Notes.