International Manufacturing Company is seeking a Head of Human Resources /General Manager – Human Resources responsible for all aspects of Human Resources Management for the businesses in the Americas.
Strategic Direction of Human Resources Operations
- Ensure HR functions are aligned with the organization’s mission, vision, and culture, promote employee well being, are cost-effective, and contribute to a safe work environment.
- Manage and coordinate human resources strategies and activities by translating the company strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Work with the management to strategically plan HR initiatives that support the desired corporate culture, and encourages efficiency, and adoption of best practices.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of organization policies, practices, procedures, and attainment of operating goals.
- Make recommendations to Senior Management regarding changes in human resources policies, procedures, and programs related to HR functions.
Overseeing HR Functions
- Lead Company compliance with all existing governmental and labor regulations.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the Executive Management, on personnel matters.
- Develop and direct various human resources processes including performance management, compensation, hiring, employee policies, benefits, and payroll administration
- Manage employment relationships and oversee staff communications.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance.
- Collaborate with group companies, outside companies, and consultants to support HR programs, as well as, due diligence and post-closing integration activities.
Supervise Human Resources Teams
- Supervise HR teams for work assignments, work schedule, workflow, performance and work standards, accuracy, and productivity.
- Assess staff’s job performance and conformance to quality standards and proper procedures, and initiates training to correct errors or problems.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- HR certification (e.g. SPHR, PHR, GPHR) preferred.
- Fifteen years or more of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years or more of experience supervising staff.
- Experience in HR in manufacturing companies
- Experience working with a multi-culture office environment.
- Experience working in a multi-state and/or global company preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced usage of Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Excel, PPT and Word, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in listening, verbal, and written communications.
- Leadership skills, ability to influence and obtain a consensus among stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate and interact with people at all levels with sensitivity and flexibility.
- Ability to expertly mediate and resolve conflict and solve problems.
- Extensive HR knowledge (e.g., labor laws, performance management, policy development, employee retention, and succession).