Well established Financial Firm is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to work closely with the CFO. Responsible for monthly end closing process, preparing and maintain schedules, recording manual journal entries (JE), preforming account reconciliation, preparing monthly financial statements (FS), and working on internal reports and analysis.
• Complete month-end, quarter-end, and year-end FS and other reporting items accurately and timely in conformance with US GAAP and IFRS
• Prepare account schedules, record manual JE, and maintain reconciliations for BS and PL accounts
• Perform various analysis including but not limited to budget to actual analysis, profit analysis by product, and fluctuation analysis
• Prepare various internal / external reports as requested
• Analyze lease transactions and close out expired leases in the leasing system.
• Maintain loan schedules and process loan transactions
• Respond to requests from internal/external parties including a third party accounting firm who prepares tax returns and performs audits
• Assist in evaluating processes based on risks and efficiency, and developing new processes through automation and/or procedural change
• Assist in analysis and documentation of internal accounting controls and procedures
• Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to participating in special projects, system enhancements, automation initiatives, or ad hoc analyses/projects as assigned
- BA in Accounting
- CPA or a CPA candidate.
- 5+years of accounting experience under US GAAP with a mix of public accounting, Big 4 or mid-size senior experience
- Corporate financial reporting experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook skills, including complex spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Great Plains and experience in lease accounting are plus
- Great team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify problems and items to be improved and recommend solutions to moderately complex control, financial, or technical issues.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Able to work independently on multiple assignments by prioritizing workload while effectively supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Self-starter with high ethical standard
- Ability to work closely with the internal / external team under pressure and in fast changing environment to achieve company goals.