Follows established guidelines for day-to-day, routine operational and administrative work. May be required to use some independent thought to handle complex issues. Focus on execution within defined parameters, some expansion based on developing capabilities or experiences in conjunction with experienced staff.
- Assists for organizing expatriate (and family) housing, furniture rental agreements and tenant insurance, including legal review coordination and interface with housing brokers.
- Responsible for the process of guiding new expatriate employees in the Branch including but not limited to assisting with opening a bank account, maintaining stamp registration cards, record keeping of job-handover completion reports, maintaining phone directory and emergency contact list, semi-annual update of expatriate payroll allocation; providing monthly organization chart; distributing book subscriptions from Japan to expatriates; distributing insurance policies of expatriates by HO-HRD.
- Assists income tax related process and reporting, including the coordination of KPMG to complete expatriate tax returns and assists expatriates with the process.
- Assists expatriate immigration and visa matters. This includes completing documentation, drafting job description, drafting a time line for the process, ensuring expatriate completes actions needed, requesting documentation, sending documentation, receiving approved visa information, and assisting the expatriate with preparation for the interview.
- Assists with various travel arrangements for Head Office employees including the arrangement of events related to the IMF meeting.
- Assists with various department administrative tasks, which include creating various internal reports and applications, assisting with delegation of authority, and other internal paperwork, as needed.
- Provides administrative support for MRC related transactions.
- Translates various documents and announcements from English to Japanese.
- Acts as a back-up for the secretarial assistance to the General Manager including typing/word processing, handling internal and outside mail, phone calls, scheduling appointments, and travel arrangements monthly reports to Head Office, management entertainment control sheets, and holiday cards.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or its equivalent with 2+ years of related experience preferred
- Bilingual oral and written skills on a business level in both English and Japanese.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational and multitasking skills.