Internatinal Asset Managment Firm is seeking an Economist (VP) in their fixed income team.
- Research and analyze financial market and economic issues with extensive focus on US monetary policy and rates outlook.
- Publish monthly US market outlook report and update house views for central bank policy rate, treasury yield curve, and key economic indicators such as GDP, employment, and inflation. Interpret and forecast market trends, economic data, and central bank monetary policy decisions.
- Provide timely and comprehensive insights/ad hoc commentaries on any topic that would influence US economic conditions, financial markets, and monetary policy.
- Prepare and present materials for both internal and external discussion of outlooks.
- Liaise with industry sources to capture the forefront market trend and improve macro and market forecasts.
- Develop economic models through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent concentration; Master’s Degree and/or Ph.D. in Economics preferred.
- MBA and/or CFA designation preferred.
- At least 5-10 years in macroeconomics and/or financial markets related experience such as economist, strategist, or related position with an understanding of macro-financial environment; multi-national corporation experience preferred.
- Strong command of MS Office software and advanced Excel; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research tools.
- Outstanding analytical, financial modeling, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of US economic policy, and a strong curiosity about economics and financial markets.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team.
- A flexible team player able to adapt to a change