International Asset Management Firm is seeking an Equity Analyst (VP level) to play a central role in driving the EST and SDGs agenda within Equity Team by improving the team’s overall ESG analysis. Also responsible for the coverage of Energy and Utility sectors along with the emerging alternative/renewable energy stocks. Recommend investment positions for all managed funds to outperform defined benchmarks.
- Provide consistent recommendations and remain conscious of fiduciary duties to clients.
- Keep up to date with government ESG initiatives as well as those of major asset managers. Provide ESG and SDGs research analysis and investment opinions to help to enhance ESG strategies.
- Coordinate and manage ESG ratings drafted by other analysts, ensuring ratings remain in line with internal ESG guidelines and maintaining cross-sector consistency. Recommend investment positions for the firm’s global ESG and SDGs funds. Support shareholder engagement and investment stewardship efforts.
- Conduct fundamental stock research with emphasis on the cash flow of companies, derive target prices of each stock in coverage by using the financial model, and provide investment opinions to a portfolio manager.
- Independently initiate relevant topics and generate proposals to be actively discussed with Portfolio Manager and other Analysts.
- Make core research reports on ESG best practices and developments; stocks under coverages, and update earning models periodically. Conduct meetings with companies to find new investment candidates and monitor companies’ fundamentals in the coverage.
- Record daily notes that reflect opinions and implications on events that have occurred.
- Communicate with a portfolio manager and other analysts to share opinions and strategies.
- Make any proposals to enhance the investment process and better teamwork.
- Conduct trading with OMS occasionally.
- Strong academic background in finance, accounting, economics, or related field, MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in equity research, securities analysis, and fund investing with an understanding of the wider financial environment. At least 1-3years of ESG research experience.
- Strong command of MS Office software and advanced Excel; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research tools.
- Outstanding analytical, financial modeling, written and verbal communications skills required.
- Detail-oriented, pro-active, and able to excel in a
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required
- A flexible team player able to adapt to change.