Responsible for developing and implementing the new business development strategy, sales plan, and forecasts for the Industrial Optics product division.
- Responsible for sales & marketing of optical products (CCTV lenses, FA & Machine vision lenses, the Camera modules, and Thermal lenses) for industrial use through corporate sales, distribution, and OEM business development within the North, Central, and South American Regions (applications include but not limited to security, machine vision, biometrics, medical, telepresence, automotive, and intelligent traffic systems).
- Function as primary liaison and sales representative to grow existing accounts to full potential. Work with customers to identify needs, create solutions, and ensure smooth sales process.
- Create opportunities and identify potential OEM partners for lenses, lens subassemblies, and camera module subassemblies including but not limited to optical, mechanical, and electronic specifications; identify potential custom lens opportunities.
- Stays up to date with cutting edge technologies and products that offer potential OEM opportunities for their products in the United States and Canada. Gather current marketplace information by studying existing and potential new customers and markets.
- Assist in business development for their Japan’s industrial optics business in the United States.
- Responsible for achieving sales goals and growth for the territory.
- Develops and implements a sales action plan with objectives and strategies to increase revenue and aggressively acquire new accounts.
- Report on sales forecasts and strategic planning in addition to regular sales activities.
- Build lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with all customers.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Attends conventions, conferences and trade shows as needed. Prepares post event reports and analysis.
- Reports on market trends, marketing ideas and competitor advantages and/or activities to senior management.
- Report in a timely manner as directed on expenses, travel plans, and more.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years sales experienced is required, preferably working with OEM’s in the Industrial Optics field.
- Knowledge of Industrial Optics and Thermal products is preferred.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts and practicing in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required (advanced Excel).
- Road warrior attitude and ability to travel extensively, sometimes on short notice.
- Travel required (up to 60% monthly, including weekends/overnight).
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Business level both Japanese and English language skills