International Bank is seeking a Trading Assistant with Japanese language skills who provides support to traders by processing trades, maintaining position records, and preparing trading-related reports. Responsible for trade captures, trading activity reports, and risk calculations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze MBS/US Treasury and FX markets to support making an investment decision.
- Assist investment activities of Treasury Team such as execute trades, prepare trade tickets and input in the system.
- Conducts the Investment/ALM desk operations and addresses/troubleshoots irregularities with a senior trading assistant.
- Develops and enhances the desk/procedure manual in the Investment/ ALM desk and trains other new persons to standardize the operational quality.
- Supports the enhancement of the Investment/ ALM desk operational workflow to reduce operational burden and irregularities.
- Assists in all the planning and execution of Treasury Team tasks under the supervision of the Head of Treasury Team.
- Prepares periodic and on-demand reports and documents to the Senior Management and Head Office.
- Abides by all Compliance related procedures.
- Conducts the Treasury Team-related administrative tasks.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in business, finance, economics or law.
- 1-3 years of experience as a funding or trading assistant or in bank operations preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills on a business in Japanese preferred.
- Good business mathematical skills with the ability to calculate quickly.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Access).
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including VBA and building Macros preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.