This position will work closely with the VP, Area Engineering to develop strategy and project management to continuously improve the manufacturing process. Liaison between expat and local staff to provide effective communication and understanding between all parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing strategy to improve Uptime and Yield and leading the projects till achieving.
- Managing the progress of actions and supporting to solve concerns and issues of actions.
- Develop and implement the method collecting accurate production KPI (Yield, Scrap, Uptime, Downtime).
- Ability to translate conversations between Japanese and English-speaking colleagues.
- Participate in manager’s production improvement activity and translate his/her comments and advices from Japanese to English;
- Accompany VP, Area manufacturing to the sites and provide translation and interpretation during the visits.
- Researching new manufacturing process and new technology to improve manufacturing.
- This position is the liaison between the VP, Area manufacturing and the US manufacturing plants. The roll is to mitigate miscommunication by providing accurate and appropriate interpretation.
- Minimize unnecessary tension or conflict that might arise between the two groups.
- Select the appropriate interpretation to effectively communicate between Japanese and English to convey information both positive and negative in a polite and respectful manner.
- BA Degree required in Engineering, Process or manufacturing, production planning;
- 4 – 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office specifically PowerPoint and Excel
- Professional level in both Japanese and English required, including writing/reading.
- Domestic and international travel required at least one to two times each month – 75% travel
- Knowledge of TOYOTA production system; Six Sigma a plus
- Strong leadership
- Ability to persuade other to adapt new methods and practices.