https://alphaglobalsearch.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/AGSlogo1-1-300x132.png 0 0 Yasuko Kawasaki https://alphaglobalsearch.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/AGSlogo1-1-300x132.png Yasuko Kawasaki2022-12-02 12:32:462022-12-05 23:36:07Bilingual Japanese Loan Operations Associate
International Bank is seeking a Loan Operations Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Captures credit related transactions and payments in ATLAS. Maintains operational ledgers and files of various forms in accordance with the Bank’s policy.
- Handles domestic loan administrative work (funding arrangement, preparing Information Sheets, processing payment, etc.) based on the instructions received from agent banks and/or Lending front office on routine matters. Verifies that these instructions are in compliance with the terms set by the binding agreement.
- Processes assigned non-routine loan activities such as purchases, refinancing, amendment, termination and sale. Establishes new customers and facilities in Loantel/Nicotel, ATLAS, and Loan Management Systems, as necessary.
- Monitors and applies incoming fees and interest payments. Investigates cash discrepancies associated with the responsible accounts. Claims compensation when necessary and follows up on reconcilement file.
- Ensures that all cash movements are properly recorded on Cash Position Sheet and reported to Funds Transfer and other relevant departments according to the procedure. Conducts daily nostro reconcilement.
- Prepares various Information Sheets, tickets and confirmation forms for Japanese Corporate Finance transactions based on written instructions once deal is established.
- Handles back-office operations for bonds acquired by Lending Group. This includes: capturing new bond products in Loantel and ATLAS systems, processing purchase, sale, redemption and coupon payments as well as timely funding of floating bonds.
- Prepares various reports as requested by the supervisors.
- Reports irregularities to the Supervisor(s) and/or Department Manager on a timely basis.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma.
- 2+ years of experience in either banking operations or bookkeeping.
- Basic accounting knowledge and good mathematical aptitude.
- Proficiency with PC in business-related applications.
- Good communication skills.
- Japanese language skill a plus.