An International Company is seeking a Finance Director with Japanese language skill who will be supporting senior management to meet company’s financial goals.
- Ensures timely and accurate financial reporting to the management and the head office.
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations, and recommending new procedures
- Oversee consolidated tax return filing, if any.
- Oversee preparation of consolidated financials, if any.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting the company’s accounting policy, GAAP, and tax codes.
- Manages customer credit to minimize bad-debt expenses
- Supports communication between the parent company for finance matters
- Serves as primary government liaison relative to financial issues
- Updates jpb knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Design, establish and maintain an organizational structure to efficiently accomplish the department’s goals and objectives
- Assures work is completed promptly and efficiently
- Provides training, coaching, counseling, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Communicates and enforces values, policies, and procedures
- Acts as a mediator between staff and another department when necessary
- Provides assistance for Administration Division for payroll, insurance audit, fixed asset management, and annual report filing.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by senior management
- Maintains good communication with other management, office staff members, and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures
- Must speak fluent English and Japanese
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- Twelve (12) years of experience in finance and accounting, including eight years of supervisory experience
- CPA or CMA holder is desirable, but not required
- Experience in Accounting Software and ERP. Proficient in MS Office
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal