https://alphaglobalsearch.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/AGSlogo1-1-300x132.png 0 0 Yasuko Kawasaki https://alphaglobalsearch.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/AGSlogo1-1-300x132.png Yasuko Kawasaki2023-03-02 12:12:442023-03-02 12:12:44Bilingual Japanese Finance and Administration Associate/AVP
Bilingual Japanese Finance and Administration Associate/AVP
International Financial Institution is seeking a Finance and Administration Associate/AVP with Japanese language skill. The individual will be supporting the Director of Finance and Administration by overseeing and taking responsibility for controlling systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee accounting and administration areas (“the team”); propose necessary changes or modification of the team structure and departmental initiatives to Director of Finance and Administration.
- Supervise activities of administrative staff; accounting and approval of personnel-related expenses, including employee benefits and payroll costs.
- Monitor administrative function; recommend process and system improvements, automation opportunities, cost saving and customer service initiatives; liaise with vendors and external service providers.
- Oversee and review all monthly closing activity, including creation of financial statements, fund activity accounting and internal reporting. • Evaluate the team members’ performance as an initial appraiser and propose the result of evaluation to Director of Finance and Administration; identify training and development needs and recommend solutions to improve workflows, team effectiveness and departmental efficiency.
- Prepare for external audits, compile supporting schedules and respond to auditor inquiries concerning finances; maintain complete and accurate accounting records.
- Collect, interpret and report financial data; compile forecasts that best support strategic plans.
- Develop and maintain a documented process of accounting policies and procedures; assure internal rules are met and contingencies in place for payments and cash management; manage accounting and financial systems.
- Oversee the staff accountant in the preparation and submission of the annual budget, monitor expenditures, identify variances and implement corrective actions.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and monthly bank statements; ensure proper cash reconciliations, related party transactions and quarterly service fee calculations.
- Assist in the filing of corporate tax returns; prepare various annual tax statements.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, a concentration in Financial Accounting preferred.
- At least 5 – 7 years of experience within a financial role with previous experience working in a Japanese company; thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English and Japanese
- Ability to clearly convey financial statistics and technical terminology.
- Proficiency in computer applications that offer support in financial reporting and spreadsheets.
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational and follow-up skills.
- A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who can partner with management on all financial matters.
- CPA preferred.
Base salary up to 110K+bonus