A global asset management firm is seeking a Japanese-English bilingual Client Service Analyst to join its Asia Desk on the Client Management team. The individual will report to the senior account manager for the Japanese clients and responsible for coordinating all Asian client requests and support Asia offices to service existing and prospective clients.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, genuine interest and understanding of fixed income products, and a willingness to learn the fixed income market, the asset management business, and the clients. Such a candidate will be working in a cross-cultural environment and is expected to take part in internal and external calls during the US and potentially during Asia business hours.
The analyst will work across all of the firm’s functional groups to provide centralized and cross-functional solutions. The individual will need to develop relationships across multiple business areas within the firm including Portfolio Management, Credit Research, Operations, Legal, Compliance, marketing, reporting, performance, and Asia offices.
- Respond to Asian client requests, coordinating prompt, accurate, and thorough resolution to client inquires.
- Schedule and facilitate client meetings, onsite/offsite due diligence, and client conferences.
- Track and facilitate client events and inquiries, including but not limited to credit commentaries on issuers of corporate bonds, bank loans, and other issuer-specific inquiries.
- Coordinate cross functionary during an audit period to ensure a successful audit of client’s accounts.
- Create and maintain customer information and legal documentation.
- Help Marketing team with RFP/RFI/DDQ responses.
- Coordinate legal documentation updates and other amendments.
- Design, document, and implement appropriate policies and procedures.
- Execute various ad-hoc and special projects as directed by senior managers
- Undergraduate and/ advanced degree(s) with 1-3 years of work experience in investment management or financial services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Experience working with a variety of systems, including Blackrock Solutions / Aladdin.
- High proficiency in Microsoft products – Excel, Power Pont, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong relationship-building skills – Enjoys working in a collegial team environment with the ability to work well across diverse groups in the offices in Asia and Europe
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with the ability to identify and escalate non-standard issues to the manager.
- Ability to ask open-end questions necessary to provide the solutions to clients.
- Be able to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and manage competing priorities/needs.
- Detailed oriented with excellent record keeping, document organization, and retention skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills including to analyze and manage large sets of interconnected data and information.
- Ability to design, document, and implement processes that improve the accuracy and timing of work products and business activities.