International Financial Firm is seeking a Benefits Administrator who administers/coordinates the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs, performs bookkeeping and related administrative tasks;
- Oversee and review employee benefits transactions and calculations; compile paperwork and track leaves of absence; assist in the design of educational sessions on benefit programs.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding matters such as benefit accruals and administrative activities related to benefits programs, policies, and procedures.
- Implement benefits programs by administering and coordinating processes and activities; complete all related transactions and calculate employee benefit accruals.
- Oversee/ evaluate payroll and input data into the company HRIS to ensure all related payments, deductions, and/or changes are properly captured.
- Back-up/assist the Payroll Clerk with calculating and processing payroll for local and expatriates’ staff.
- Assist bookkeeping (AP & GL’s) activities with Sr. Mgr. of Finance and Administration to ensure adherence to Accounting rules and standards; prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Serve as liaison and primary contact for plan vendors, company’s affiliate and third-party administrators; coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration; document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations; perform timely and accurate required reporting and fee processing; prepare, collect and organize data for audits and assessments.
- Regularly audit activities and records to ensure they are updated; analyze, evaluate and document procedures to improve efficiency and suggest improvements.
- Assist with preparation of the annual Open Enrollment materials; ensure all enrollment elections are properly processed in a timely manner.
- Liaise with affiliate company for annual benefits reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- At least 2-3 years of well-rounded corporate office experience, with background in Benefits Administration, Bookkeeping, Accounting and/or Payroll
- Proficiency in English and Japanese desirable
- Prior direct experience and knowledge of benefits (including leave administration and calculations for Paid Family Leave); proficiency with MS Office and related database systems; working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now is essential and required.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, follow-up and meet deadlines is critical.