International Asset Management Firm is seeking an Associate in their Real Asset Investment team who will support its rapidly expanding real assets portfolio covering the US and Europe. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of either real estate, infrastructure and/or agriculture investments and have experience in research and report preparation. Experience with commingled fund investing is beneficial.
- Manage and produce reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis for existing portfolio of investments to monitor portfolio performance.
- Prepare real assets and macroeconomic research to present to senior management.
- Assist in the diligence of investments in real asset focused commingled funds alongside other team members.
- Participate in meetings and/or site visits to meet with members across each manager’s platform and tour representative assets for the proposed strategy, as required.
- Facilitate operations team in managing investment related activities.
- Engage in implementation of ESG initiatives and measurement across portfolio.
- Frequent contact with offices in London and Tokyo.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Strong academic background including Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, real estate, or other related field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in real assets at an institutional investor (including insurance company, pension fund, endowment, foundation, SWF or family office), investment consultant or investment manager.
- Understanding of financial metrics and concepts.
- Experience and professional manner in interacting directly in-person with senior members of the investment community.
- Strong command of MS Office software, advanced Excel and financial modeling applications; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research tools.
- Experience with database software, such as Power BI, is beneficial.
- Excellent organizational, business writing and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented, pro-active and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team.
- A flexible team player able to adapt to change.
Base salary up to 125K+bonus