This position is responsible for the fulfillment of orders at the Innovation and Fulfillment Center. This includes receiving orders via mail, phone, fax, or the computer; responding to customer inquiries and informing the customer of changes or updates; blending tea per order specifications; gift set assembly; maintaining records on incoming and outgoing shipments; receiving deliveries; maintaining the integrity of Organic systems Plan; processing and packaging orders for shipment; cleaning; adhering to all GMPs and relevant internal and external health and safety regulations.
- Tea Blending
Fulfil customer orders/internal transfers per specification by pulling the raw materials, weighing tea components on scale (converting metric to English Standard as needed), blending, packaging, and preparing for shipment. Fill out proper paperwork at each step.
- Preparing Shipments
Review orders for completeness. Use shipping software and equipment to properly label, pack, and prepare orders for pick up by shipping company.
- Receive orders
Receive orders via mail, phone, fax, or computer, and confirm customer information, products, quantities, shipping dates, order specifications, etc.
- Quality Control
Carry out all tasks with adherence to SQF quality standards and procedures. Enforce this for self, other employees, and visitors. Follow and maintain Organic System Plan. Complete daily, weekly, and monthly inventory counts and weight verification and ensure adherence to FIFO method
- Customer Service
Promptly respond to all customer inquiries. Ensure that customers always have the correct information by updating the status of the order in the computer at each step (received, processing, shipped, etc.). Communicate any out of stocks or invoice changes through the appropriate channels.
- Receiving Deliveries
Examine shipment contents and compare with invoice to verify accuracy and condition of product. Conduct receiving check and fill out Receiving Paperwork. Properly label, log, and stock the incoming product, adhering to FIFO procedure.
- Improving Processes
Be on the lookout for opportunities to improve and develop new, more efficient procedures
- Contributing to the Team Effort
Being flexible in work assignments; by covering for other Staff as needed; and by accomplishing related tasks on time when reasonably requested. Oversee the IFC in the absence of the IFC Assistant Manager.
- Keeping Management Informed
Report all incidents to management in a timely manner. Regularly communicate with management regarding the needs and concerns of the Innovation and Fulfillment Center. It is your responsibility to report any and all major or minor food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
Maintain clean workspace and facility. Also, maintain the clean rooms by following uniform requirements and restrictions.
- Welcoming Guests
Maintain a clean facility and be ready to welcome guests at any time. Help team to set up for Innovation Fulfillment Center events which includes setting up, helping throughout the event as needed and clean up.
- Understanding and awareness of local, state, and national health regulations (must obtain NYC Food Protection Certificate)
- 1-3 years’ working experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word-Excel-Outlook)
- Excellent organizational
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.