International Energy Investment Firm is seeking an Accounting & Finance Manager for Upstream business team.
1) Coordinate among a controller of the portfolio companies, the accounting department, and advisors for consolidation of Financial Statements and other documents:
- USGAAP to IFRS conversion
- Purchase price allocation
- Hedge accounting review and documentations (effectiveness test and ineffectiveness calculation)
- Any other consolidations of Financial Statements.
2) Help any managerial accounting work for the portfolio companies and non-op working interest businesses
- Manage revenues/expenses accounts of oil and gas projects
- Analyze cost and revenue structure of the projects coordinating with operators and the portfolio companies
3) Help potential investment opportunities valuation and its transition once the deal would be closed.
- Analyze cost (OPEX/CAPEX) and revenue structure of targeted assets or companies
- Incorporate the deal number into existing financial statements, help transition from financial/accounting perspectives
4) Conduct any analysis and research works related to accounting, commercial, and business development activities
5) Make recommendations, develop plans, and lead implementations to enhance the value of the company
- Excel financial modeling and other MS Office skills
- Knowledge of IFRS, USGAAP, hedge accounting, consolidation, and statistics including regression analysis, preferred
- Ability to work with different organizations with different corporate cultures
- Ability to coordinate people to meet project deadlines, or project management skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with the self-starter mindset
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or business (bachelor’s or master’s degree)
- CPA or CFA preferred
- Experience in oil & gas accounting, working for an accounting advisory firm, an auditor, or an accounting department in a company preferred.