International Bank is seeking a Human Resources Generalist responsible for supporting an area of the Bank on HR issues, such as talent acquisition, workforce planning, succession management, performance management, and employee relations. Responsible for ensuring Bank policies are implemented and performed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops partnerships with business area managers and employees to best provide HR-related services to the business area with respect to the Branch. Partners with senior HR staff to assist staff and develop initiatives for staff.
- Consults with business area managers to provide HR guidance, develop solutions, programs, policies, and training, when appropriate. Analyzes trends and metrics to assist the business area managers with their long-term strategic goals.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with senior HR staff and the Legal Department, as needed.
- Develops a staffing and recruitment plan for each business area. As needed, recruits for open positions, revises job descriptions, job titles, etc. Provides basic guidance for the Compensation Program and Succession Planning. Assists with employment termination processing, as necessary. Works with the immigration attorney to for visa applications and renewals. Delivers new hire orientation materials to new hires in business area.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to business area managers, including but not limited to coaching, counseling, career development, promotion nominations, and performance improvement plans. Responsible for having all Performance Management reviews completed on a timely basis.
- Works closely with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Responsible for all HR administrative tasks for the assigned Business Area, such as HR Notification forms, ordering business cards/employee stamps, maintaining signature cards, input to HRIS and Everbridge, Form I-9s, reportable events log, filing and scanning, and record retention of both electronic and paper files.
- Assists with all events run by HR including Wellness Activities, Health Fairs, Corporate Challenge, Holiday Party, December 24th Party, etc.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or its equivalent with 2+ years of related experience. MBA in organizational behavior/ human resources/ organizational psychology, preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good oral and written communication skills.
- Good detail orientation, organizational, and multitasking skills.