Internatinal Asset Managment Firm is seeking an Economist (AVP) in their fixed income team.
- Research and analyze financial market and economic issues with extensive focus in US.
- Interpret and forecast market trends, economic data and central bank monetary policy decisions.
- Provide timely and comprehensive reports/ad hoc commentaries to both internal and external audience.
- Liaise with industry sources to capture the forefront market trend and improve macro and market forecasts.
- Develop economic models through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent concentration; MBA and/or CFA designation preferred.
- At least 3-5 years in macroeconomics and/or financial markets related experience such as economist, strategist, portfolio manager, analyst or related position with an understanding of the wider financial environment; multi-national corporation experience preferred.
- Strong command of MS Office software and advanced Excel; proficiency with Bloomberg and related automated research tools.
- Outstanding analytical, financial modeling, written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of US economic policy, strong curiosity about economics and financial markets.
- Detail oriented, pro-active and able to excel in a highly collaborative global team.
- A flexible team player able to adapt to change.