International Bank is seeking an Information Security Associate with Japanese language skill focusing on Data Loss Prevention (BRC/DLP) who will prevent, detect, monitor and report the loss or unauthorized dissemination of proprietary information from various vectors (physical, email, web, etc.) across the organization.
As a member of the BRC/DLP team a key focus for the individual will be monitoring external electronic communication across the organization, provide consolidated DLP Event Reporting, Incident management – identification, review, escalation and resolution of DLP events, update/revise classification and DLP rules/policies working with the Business/Control Teams. Focused on Data Protection which includes awareness/training, data classification, secure email, and scanning to identify information security gaps in unstructured data.
- Day to day triage of Data Protection solution generated reporting and/or centralized incident logs
- Performing ongoing tracking of alerts for individuals (repeat offenders, anomalies, issue severity, significance etc.)
- Performing research to sort through false positives
- Email Forensic Monitoring to detect a violation of policy.
- Collects findings, identifies root cause, and proposes long‐term solutions which support business processes
- Provide input on the maintenance and design of DLP rules
- Escalate incidents/alerts to Business Unit/Team Leads when necessary.
- Perform incident response tracking and reporting; incident closures following resolution
- Contribute to the KPI/KRI Reporting for Risk Committees or other governance activities
- Suggest improvements of Data Protection awareness campaigns and training sessions for various employee profiles
- Conduct a full inspection of Japanese documentation and escalate to supervisors.
- Industry Background: Corporate Banking/Capital Markets – Financial Services
- 2-3 years in related field; Analyst
- Relevant Risk / Functional Experience: Information Security, Data Protection/Loss Prevention, Incident Alert Reporting/Processing, Case Management, Root Cause Analysis, working within SLA timeframes, Executive Management Reporting and Collaboration, Experience with Electronic Investigation, Forensic Tools and Methodologies, Log Correlation.
- Must be able to read fluently in the Japanese language with speed, accuracy, and understand business terms.
- Behavioral Competencies: Complex workflow management; Strong interpersonal and communication skills, Ability to handle highly sensitive information in a very professional and confidential manner, and with the highest integrity; Problem solver; Possesses strong organizational and analytical skills; Team player; Self‐motivated and willing to adapt to an evolving work environment; Fosters cooperation, communication and commitment among groups and teams
- DLP tools – accustomed to one or more DLP tools such as Microsoft DLP, Symantec, Netskope, Global Relay, Archer, and/or Titus classification tool. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Certifications: CISM, CISSP, CISA, CIA – Preferred