Assistant Manager of Business Development- Specialty Chemical Products (remote)
International Chemical Company is seeking an Assistant Manager of Business Development for their Specialty Chemicals in the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Manages Customer Relationships by reviewing and evaluating sales and marketing plans for key products; by maintaining close communication with key customer management and sales and marketing staff to build strong, long-lasting customer relationships; by monitoring sales performance and gaining real time market knowledge; by ensuring smooth ordering and product fulfillment; by determining the causes of and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Leads in Identifying and Selecting New customers to Expand Business in the United States and Canada by designing and implementing strategic business plans for potential new business; To grow polymer business (Polybutadiene, Styrene derivatives etc.,), Functional chemicals business (Isocyanate, Organic Titanium etc.,), and Sodium businesses; by identifying potential future distributors; by holding meetings to determine the best candidate for our new products; by negotiating key contracts and agreements; by executing all necessary agreements to begin the business; and by advising Senior Management on needed actions.
- Manages Marketing and Sales Strategies by preparing marketing and sales strategies for existing and future candidate products in development; by reviewing publications and trade journals; by communicating with suppliers and customers to determine what is occurring in key markets; by attending key trade shows and conferences to obtain updated market information.
- Participates in Corporate Budgetary Process by preparing the yearly sales budget for specialty chemicals business; by determining yearly production, sales and inventory levels to determine future sales opportunities; by ensuring adequate purchase and production occurs to meet future market demands; by managing costs and increasing revenues; by assessing year-end budgetary results; and by advising Senior Management on needed actions.
- Supports sales administration and logistics functions by sharing with logistics coordinators customer information, supplier invoices, prices, contracts (cost control), special shipping requirements, and any other information needed to ensure on-time shipments and accurate deliveries.
- Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge to ensure proper handling of new products.
- Complies with Federal, State/Provincial, and Local Laws and Regulations Requirements related to the specialty chemical products by studying existing and new regulations; adhering to requirements; ensuring compliance; monitors and analyzes relevant regulatory and product-related information and provides notification to management of the possible impact to the Company’s business.
- Keeps Management Informed by submitting weekly reports; by participating in meetings; and by reporting problems to Senior Management verbally or in writing in order to avoid confusion and further problems; and by recommending changes for improvements in the Company’s functions to Senior Management.
- Train Staff by providing market knowledge; and by training Staff when necessary on the detailed workings of the US and Canadian specialty chemicals business, consisting of both detailed distribution and customer knowledge as well as the detailed market review of products and past that comprise the products for the US market.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or university in chemical science/engineering; and at least two-year working experience as sales or technical sales in chemical industry. Experience in the business related to sodium metal and/or polymer preferred.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and management skills
- Must be open to domestic/international travel
- Proficient in MS Office
- Remote work possible (Home Office)
Base salary 80K+Bonus