International Chemical Company is seeking a Sales/Business Development Associate for their Specialty Chemicals.
- Manages Customer Relationships by reviewing and evaluating sales and marketing plans for key products; by maintaining close communication with key customer management and sales and marketing staff to build strong, long-lasting customer relationships; by monitoring sales performance and gaining real time market knowledge; by ensuring smooth ordering and product fulfillment; by determining the causes of and resolving issues in a timely manner; and by providing clear understanding and communication to the head office staff and to affiliates.
- Leads in Identifying and Selecting New customers to Expand Business in the United States and Canada by designing and implementing strategic business plans for potential new business; by adhering to instructions from head office. To grow polymer business (Polybutadiene, Styrene derivatives etc.,), Functional chemicals business (Isocyanate, Organic Titanium etc.,), and Sodium businesses; by identifying potential future distributors; by holding meetings to determine the best candidate for our new products; by negotiating key contracts and agreements; by executing all necessary agreements to begin the business; and by advising Senior Management on needed actions.
- Manages Marketing and Sales Strategies by preparing marketing and sales strategies for existing and future candidate products in development by head office; by reviewing publications and trade journals; by communicating with suppliers and customers to determine what is occurring in key markets; by attending key trade shows and conferences to obtain updated market information and to represent NAI.
- Participates in Corporate Budgetary Process by preparing the yearly sales budget for the team; by determining yearly production, sales and inventory levels to determine future sales opportunities; by ensuring adequate purchase and production occurs to meet future market demands; by managing costs and increasing revenues; by assessing year-end budgetary results; and by advising Senior Management on needed actions.
- Supports sales administration and logistics functions by sharing with logistics coordinators customer information, supplier invoices, prices, contracts (cost control), special shipping requirements, and any other information needed to ensure on-time shipments and accurate deliveries.
- Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge to ensure proper handling of new products.
- Complies with Federal, State/Provincial, and Local Laws and Regulations Requirements related to the specialty chemical products by studying existing and new regulations; adhering to requirements; ensuring compliance; monitors and analyzes relevant regulatory and product-related information and provides notification to management of the possible impact to the Company’s business.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical science or engineering.
- 3+yrs experience as sales/technical in chemical industry preferred. Exp. in polymer preferred.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office