International Financial Firm is seeking an Operations Associate/Assistant
- Confirm all daily trades; resolve any discrepancy with the counterparties; confirm all aspects of trades via various sources and ensure prior day settlement.
- Perform daily collateral management of TBA in accordance with MSFTA including exposure review, collateral valuation, monthly interest calculations, and communicating with counterparties for margin calls.
- Reconcile cash balances between internal accounting system and custodian banks.
- Check daily price, and enter daily rates and benchmarks in the accounting system.
- Monitor and check any irregularities for funds’ daily and monthly performance reports.
- Check position reconciliations between internal systems and custodian banks, and investigate any discrepancies.
- Prepare proxy, corporate action, and class action notices for front office
- Verify future variation margin statements.
- Monitor funds’ guideline rules, and investigate any breaches.
- Generate internal notices and reports; distribute to relevant parties.
- Prepare reports for counterparties, and client.
- Participate in special projects assigned by Supervisor or Department Head.
- Support all system requirements for the Operations Team.
- Communicating with Japanese counterparts and affiliates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in a buy-side asset management, or equivalent sell- side experience in trade confirmations, settlements, and collateral operations.
- Strong knowledge of domestic and global Fixed Income required. Equity securities/instruments knowledge helpful.
- An understanding of funds’ guidelines is a plus.
- Ability to work 9:00am – 5:30PM, with flexibility to work overtime as needed including meetings with Japanese business affiliates.
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment: ability to prioritize, perform with high accuracy, and meet tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of standard computer software, including MS Excel, MS Word.
Base salary up to 70K+OT+Bonus