International company is seeking a Human Resources and Administration Supervisor responsible for supervising day to day administration and coordination of the Human Resources and Administration functions.
Human Resources Function – 60%
1. Coordinates Recruiting and Staffing Activities – by understanding company’s recruiting policy/procedures, company culture, Job Description of position and its requirements; – by processing recruiting activities in consultation with supervisor and other members of Management; – by conducting proper pre-hiring training to hiring manager(s) (e.g. proper job interview tips, explaining step by step approval process, etc.); – by communicating with both hiring manager(s) and recruiting agencies (if applicable), screening and recommending qualified candidates to Supervisor and scheduling interview; – by coordinating and attending job interview; – by managing job offer negotiation in consultation with Supervisor and other members of Management; – and by conducting pre-employment screening with outside vender.
2. Coordinates Onboarding Process – by fully understanding company’s HR policy, Employee Handbook (applicable states) and company benefit structure; – by fully understanding the difference between locally hired and expatriated employees process; – by preparing new hire orientation documents including COBRA notification, Wage Notification (if applicable) and applicable training schedule; – by preparing orientation and training plans; – by closely communicating with hiring team and conduct onboarding/orientation/facility tour, etc.; – by preparing payroll data, benefit & 401K enrollment in a timely manner
3. Coordinates Termination Process – by promptly preparing termination documents for supervisor and IT department, update company record and insurance record including COBRA notification; – by conducting exit interview and sharing the result to Supervisor and related parties (if applicable); – by properly computing final compensation; – and by timely updating all related HR & company record
4. Coordinates Compensation Administration – by overseeing all necessary arrangements for payroll processing for locally hired and expatriate Staff, in accordance with company policies; – by confirming the accuracy of payroll information; – by confirming overtime and necessary payroll deductions; – by approving payroll & 401k data prepared by payroll outsourcing company; – by coordinating the filing of income taxes for expatriate Staff; – by communicating with parent company as necessary; – by accurately preparing annual raise and bonus calculation for Supervisor; – by responding to inquiries and audits from government agencies; and – by assuring accuracy of all necessary payroll data entry and processing for both local and expatriated employees in accordance with parent company’s oversea assignment policy and benefit;
5. Coordinates Benefit Administration – by overseeing all necessary arrangements for benefit processing for locally hired and expatriate Staff, in accordance with company policies; – by fully understanding company fringe benefits (Medical, Dental, Life, 401k, etc.), assist all employees with benefit inquiry; – by reviewing monthly invoices from insurance venders and prepare re-billing forms to Head Office and US affiliated companies as required; – by providing benefits information to Staff; – by answering Staff questions regarding benefits and assisting Staff in communicating with providers; – by coordinating all insurance plans with plan administrators; – by negotiating with providers for the best terms and conditions and proposing Supervisor; – by coordinating the annual renewal of benefits plans; – and by communicating with all concerned parties about changes in information.
6. Coordinates Performance Management – by mastering company’s HRIS and performance policy to assist employees with questions; – by creating, updating and maintaining Job Descriptions; – by entering and updating employees’ Annual Goals into HRIS; – by preparing, addressing and monitoring company’s Mid-term/Annual Performance Review and Goal Setting Schedule and ensure all employees to meet due date; – and by supporting employee’s supervisor with creation of PIP (Performance Improvement Plan).
7. Coordinates Employee Training – by ensuring all mandatory training to be hosted in timely manner; – by researching and proposing new or alternative training and venders by meeting company budget; – by arranging and coordinating onsite or web-based seminar with internal and external trainers;
8. Coordinates compliance related reports (i.e. ACA, EEOC, 401k, WC audit) – by understanding each regulations and due dates; – by accurately preparing requested data; – and by submitting requested data in timely manner
9. Coordinates Company policies and procedures; – by monitoring HR trends (i.e. salary, benefits, employment laws, etc.) and providing recommendations for improvements as needed; – by evaluating job responsibilities and recommending outsourcing as necessary; – by coordinating and conferring with legal counsel and consultants; – by troubleshooting problems in a timely manner and seeking third-party advice as necessary; – by responding to inquiries from outside parties; – by answering questions from Staff; – by overseeing maintenance of personnel and personal records, including medical, dental, and disability insurance claims from Staff, and updating records as necessary; – and by accurately and timely maintaining and filing documents.
Administration Function – 40%
1. Supervises General Office & Property Maintenance – by maintaining supplies by identifying needs for conference rooms, reception, lounge, mailroom, and kitchen; – by communicating with property owner and vendors to maintain proper office environment and equipment (such as telephone, copier, mail, security, etc.); – by monitoring the Assistant’s daily operation and resolving any problems or issues with employees and venders by consulting with department head as needed; – by purchasing printed materials and forms by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and delivery; approving invoices within budget; – and by assisting in analyzing, determining, developing and executing the most efficient and effective operation procedures. Maintain and improve them as needed.
2. Coordinates Company Event and activity – by negotiating for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and equipment and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and budget requirement; – by conducting research, making site visits, and finding resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities; – by proposing supervisor with new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process; – and by coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar.
3. Corporates Insurance Management – by fully understanding all related insurance, renewal cycle and its policy; – by preparing audit related materials; – by closely communicating with insurance broker for renewal rates and options; – and by preparing related proposal draft for Supervisor
4. Supports Executives, Visitors and Expatriates – by ensuring company executives, visitors, and expatriated employees with travel arrangements needs; – by keeping track of visitors In/Out log and control distribution of temporary keys and store in a safe place; – and by preparing expense reports as needed.
5. Coordinates Internal Document and Agreement – by promptly and properly saving and listing company’s internal documents, and agreement; – by maintaining record of all company cabinets; – and by maintaining and ensuring safety of company storage space and coordinating document destruction.
6. Coordinates Registry – by ensuring all incoming mails distribution and outgoing mails arrangement such as FedEx, UPS, USPS (and certified mail); – and by maintaining and coordinating mailing list & holiday greeting cards in a timely manner. 7. Coordinates Office Safety – by ensuring and maintaining office keys by securing and logging key distributions; – by acting building fire warden; – and by maintaining safety related supplies such as first aid kit.
Supervises Staff – by providing direction and delegating responsibilities to subordinate Staff and evaluating their work, thereby ensuring that the department’s overall goals may be met; – by coordinating schedules; – by giving performance feedback and conducting performance evaluations; – by authorizing and advising Staff expenses; – and by interviewing, hiring, disciplining, training, developing, and advising Staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- five to eight years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have supervisory skills and HR management experience.
- strong interpersonal/communications skills
- Proficient in MS office