An international Trading company is seeking a Supervisor/Manager for import/export shipment operations for food/nutritional products ingredients.
- Arrange Import & Export shipments (air, ocean & truck) with freight forwarder and Customs Brokers with required documentation.
- Select carriers for transportation and negotiate preferred rates and contracts with carriers.
- Manage budget for shipments.
- Manage inventory.
- Respond and resolve complaints and problems
- High School education or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred in business or related field
- Minimum of five (4) years of previous experience in import/export
- Requires knowledge of the movement and handling of freight both domestically and internationally.
- Working knowledge of incoterms
- Familiar with Sage 100, working knowledge of PC Windows compatible.
- Experience handling customs, ISF, and other US government offices
- Excellent organization and ability to follow-up with multiple parties.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Superb Communication skills.