This position is responsible for providing administrative function to Head Office expatriates while they are posted in the U.S. Includes visa and staying permit extensions, individual income tax issues, health insurance, and payroll monitoring, etc. The administrative duties are performed using knowledge of Expatriate Benefit Policy and Procedures, established by H.O.
- Prepare visa application letters at request of Head Office. Monitor expiration dates of visas/staying permits/passports; prepare extension applications in-house or through immigration attorney.
- Make a first judgment in expatriates benefit issue with minimal supervisions, especially in areas that are not covered by Head Office Established Procedure.
- Respond to correspondence from IRS or other tax agencies on behalf of expatriates; consult with Accounting Firm on tax matters; ensure that individual income tax returns are mailed timely
- Communicate, with accountant, on issues related to payroll; analyzes discrepancies in accounting firm’s input and, when needed, correct their error by using knowledge in taxation and benefit plan
- Communicate with expatriate overall General Administration issues such as VISA application, payroll, tax return, and fringe benefit in order to support expatriates life in United States
- Assisting other General Administration Section staff with various administrative duties
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to conduct budget or accounting related analysis and prepare explanation
- 2-3 years relevant experience such as support for Expatriate staff
- Native level of Japanese skill (speaking, reading and writing) is essential
- Effective communication skills: oral, written listening and presentation
- Good PC skills (Excel and Word)
- Detail oriented
- Will be able to work in the office in San Jose, CA