An International Energy Firm focusing on renewable energy investment is seeking an4 asset analyst who has a wide range of responsibilities for commercial, contractual, regulatory, and reporting obligations of the large utility solar project in Texas in order to maximize project financial performance. The position will also work closely with the accounting team to meet accounting and tax requirements. The position will provide a perfect opportunity for a professional looking for asset management work within a small and rapidly growing team and developing their expertise in solar projects.
- Support project-level annual budget and forecast, and monthly operating report to management with accurate explanations of variances to budget.
- Coordinate closely with the accounting team and asset management service provider to ensure that monthly financials (USGAAP and IFRS) are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Administer tax equity investor compliance tasks including monthly reports, cash distribution, allocation, and HLBV by managing asset management service provider, and obtain internal and tax equity approval as needed.
- Manage cash positions including cash distribution and payment to vendors.
- Administer and manage major project documents, including leading resolution of significant agreement issues that stem from the operation of the project (e.g., financing agreement, LLCA, lease agreement, tax limitation agreement, and equipment warranties).
- Renew insurance policies and manage claims by getting support from insurance brokers.
These can be additional responsibilities.
- Support internal members to ensure that property tax limitation is applied to the project.
- Oversee project-level compliance with all regulatory requirements including NERC and ERCOT, ensuring that all filings are completed accurately and on time.
- Support project value up opportunities including utilizing new technology and unused land
- University degree in Business, Finance or related field (advanced degree or MBA preferred)
- More than 2 years of relevant experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software and database development and management
- US driver’s license
- Analytical skills
- Strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills