International Chemical Company is seeking a Deputy Director responsible for managing the sales and business development of the company’s products in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, food ingredients in the industrial market in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina in order to support the growth of the business.
- Manages Customer Relationships by reviewing and evaluating sales and marketing plans for key products;
by maintaining close communication with key customer management and sales and marketing staff to build strong, long-lasting customer relationships; by monitoring sales performance and gaining real-time market knowledge; by ensuring smooth ordering and product fulfillment; by determining the causes of and resolving issues in a timely manner; and by providing clear understanding and communication to the company’s Japanese specialty chemicals staff and to affiliates.
- Performs Technical Presentations and Support by conducting on-site and/or web-based technical seminars for targeted parties, such as pharmaceutical scientists; by informing participants about the company’s product characteristics including technical properties, and examples of applications; by providing pharmaceutical scientists with sample testing; and by performing technical support for application development and testing.
- Represents the Company by maintaining relationships within the industry, such as distributors, current customers, industry players, academic leaders, etc.; by participating and supporting the international Pharmaceutical Excipients Council, for example, attending meetings, advocating for excipients manufacturers, etc; and by attending trade shows and other events as necessary in order to increase the presence of the company.
- Performs Regulatory Support by including communication with the regulatory authorities and customers to support the business.
- Complies with Federal, State, and Local requirements by studying existing and new regulations; by adhering to requirements; and by filling reports as necessary.
- Keeps Senior Management or Head Office Informed by participating in meetings; by submitting weekly reports; reporting problems to Senior Management verbally or in writing to avoid confusion and further problems. Informed by submitting weekly reports; by participating in meetings; and by reporting problems to Senior Management verbally or in writing in order to avoid confusion and further problems.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department; interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising employee performance; and serving as a coach or mentor for other employees in other departments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or university in pharm science or equivalent pharm experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10-12 years of related experience and/or training.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to use a computer and such applications like Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Open to travel domestically or internationally for business