International Bank is seeking a Relationship Manager at VP or Director level. The position requires Japanese language skill. The individual will develop, maintain, and work to broaden and deepen close business relationship with existing clients as well as cultivate business with prospect customers. Co-work with members of the Credit Control, Customer Service Department, Administration Group, Product Offices, and RMs of head office in providing high quality overall banking services to the clients. Serve as contact officer for clients for matters relating to all banking services.
- Extend credit to clients identified as qualified clients based on their creditworthiness and credit requirements. With guidance from Management and consultation with Credit Divisions, establish and negotiate terms and conditions under which credit will be extended to various clients, making sure the terms are in compliance with the bank policy guidelines.
- Cross-sell bank products and services in collaboration with Product Office members by proactively identifying transaction opportunities, marketing each product to identified clients, negotiating the terms and conditions, and executing and documenting the transactions.
- Collect and analyze information that reflects the current creditworthiness of the clients. Obtain information through i) Direct inspection of the clients’ business and collateral, ii) Review of interim financial reports, iii) Personal interviews, iv)Review of other relevant documents.
- Perform special projects and duties relating to departmental services as assigned, including tasks related to internal and external audits and examinations.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing and corporate lending positions.
- In-depth knowledge of business and finance practices, international banking transactions, lending regulations & procedures, and marketing strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial aptitude and broad analytical ability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including excellent business writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Bilingual in Japanese and English is required.