An international chemical company is seeking a Purchasing Associate who will be responsible for procurement and inventory management of raw materials to support production plan for clients.
- Performs raw material daily operations
– placing raw material purchase orders and confirming receipt of purchase orders and posting consumption figures into Navision each month;
– organizing and arranging storage for raw materials inventory;
– ordering raw materials with selected vendors to meet production needs;
– arranging Shipping Orders of raw materials to manufacturers;
– calculating the remaining raw materials at the end of each month;
– preparing and submitting monthly and quarterly raw materials inventory reports to the Accounting Department;
– maintaining and updating digital purchase order forms, inventory report spreadsheets, raw material pricing spreadsheets, delivery spreadsheets, and production planning spreadsheet
– communicating with Production Planning Manager as necessary to ensure the inventory stays within the target range every month and adjust production plan accordingly;
– tracking slow-moving and obsolete inventory and work with Planning Manager and Purchasing Manager for disposition;
– meeting inventory objectives and customer forecasted sales requirements.
- Controls non-conforming raw materials and finish goods
– monitoring the inventory level of non-conforming materials and making recommendations to disposition;
– communicating with supervisor as necessary to arrange shipment of non-conforming materials to potential buyers of them.
- Provide sales and operations support:
– calculating accumulation by customer and grade daily;
– comparing with the sales forecast and the actual sales and noticing both Sales Reps and Production team if there is considerable differences;
– maintaining monthly sales data and sales price list spreadsheets;
– updating raw material prices and notifying sales and production team
– assisting in implementing budget for production planning and procurement of raw materials
- 2 – 3 years’ related working experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university
- Must be able to use a computer and such applications as Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel. Advanced Excel skill required.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skill
- Multi-tasking, detailed oriented, a team player