A Multi-billion dollar global asset manager is seeking a mid-level Middle/Back-Office Associate.
- Fully understands the settlement process for all clearing institutions; DTC, Euroclear, FED, local markets.
- Assist in ensuring that all trades for the day are booked and allocated correctly in internal system and that any open trade issues are rectified.
- Monitor the firm’s corporate action activity across all funds, must efficiently communicate with Portfolio Managers and Custodians for timely elections.
- Assist with completing reconciliations for all accounts (cash, position, market value).
- Assist with producing and checking monthly performance reports for final AUM production.
- Help maintain the firms OMS and GL system on a daily basis.
- Will be assisting the implementation of a new order management system and operational workflows to support various fixed income and equity investment vehicles.
- 4-7 years total, with buy-side or fund admin experience working in middle and back-office capacities.
- Strong industry knowledge of Fixed Income bonds including IG, US Gov’t, MBS and Sovereign as well as listed equities in foreign and domestic markets.
- Understand day to day operations (trade entry, post-trade confirmation and settlement, life cycle event processing, etc.)
- Experience working with a portfolio accounting system.
- Exposure to investment compliance guideline monitoring and updating
- Some understanding of GIPS compliance requirements and performance reporting would be a plus.
- Previous experience with system integrations and enhancement desired
- Strong excel skills, VBA a plus
- Basic Bloomberg command knowledge.
- Basics of MBS products and the P&I paydown process.
- Must possess extensive problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Effective communicator that works well in a team environment that has a strong desire to continuously improve workflows, fundamentally understands operational risk, and takes initiative.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Engineering
- Japanese language skill a plus