An international beverage company is seeking a Logistics Manager who will be responsible for 3PL (3rd party logistics) transportation, contract packaging, inventory management, and warehouse services.
Transportation Network Strategy & Analysis
- Monitor and analyze 3PL and market outlook data to determine and procure most cost effective and efficient transportation modes.
- Identify, assess and maintain KPI’s for 3PL’s and make recommendations for continuous cost improvement.
- Develop a multi-channel distribution strategy for wholesale, retail, food service and e-commerce.
- Evaluate SOP’s and ensure they are consistently and adhered to by all 3PLs and certifications are maintained.
- Implement and assess EDI and other electronic information exchange formats between INA and freight providers and participate in the evaluation of all IT services related to logistics and transportation.
- Participate as a key recommendation provider in the process of evaluating future warehouse locations and global supply chain network.
- Act as a coach to department staff and provide appropriate feedback for improving overall work efficiency. Provide recommendations as to hiring and firing of department staff.
Inventory & Order Management
- Ensure that optimum levels of merchandise, packaging, and supplies are maintained for 3rd party warehouses and replenish inventory as needed.
- Arrange transportation relevant to distribution by processing and dispatching release orders.
- Instruct multiple warehouses to coordinate transport and delivery of inventory to wholesale accounts and events.
- Assess and maintain inventory and other assets as needed daily; Oversee physical inventory on a quarterly basis or as needed and reconcile the inventory to book balances.
Contract Packaging (Re-pack) Initiatives
- Develop and implement contract packaging initiatives including: o Identify packaging options
- Source packaging components
- Submit RFPs to potential suppliers
- Negotiate with suppliers with a focus on cost, sustainability and market lead times.
- Manage and take ownership of INA’s total freight spend budget by monitoring freight rates and accessorial charges and vouchering invoices.
- Negotiate contracts for freight & warehousing services to achieve the highest value for INA.
- Drive logistics and transportation decisions that will impact company revenue, profit and growth plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university;
- Over 5 years of related experience in Domestic logistics and 3PL.
- Must have experience in co-packaging
- Excellent negotiation skills and transportation analysis.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy.