Follows established guidelines for day-to-day, routine operational and administrative work. May be required to use some independent thought to handle complex issues. Focus on execution within defined parameters, some expansion based on developing capabilities or experiences in conjunction with experienced staff. May have informal supervisory functions assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Captures credit related transactions and payments in ATLAS. Maintains operational ledgers and files of various forms in accordance with the Bank’s policy.
- Contacts JCF customers and establishes lending or deposit arrangements within the boundaries of conditions approved by Head Office and the JCF Watch List.
- Handles JCF administrative work (establishing new customer and facilities in Nicotel, ATLAS, and Loan Management System, preparing Information Sheets, processing payment, etc.) based on the instructions received from customers, agent banks and/or JCF Department.
- Handles miscellaneous requests received from JCF customers. Handles various special tasks related to JCF transactions and helps keep a special handling list well organized and up to date.
- Handles Balance Confirmation requests.
- Monitors and applies incoming fees and interest payments. Investigates cash discrepancies associated with the responsible accounts. Claims compensation when necessary and follows up on reconcilement file.
- Handles back-office operations for bonds acquired by Lending Group. This includes: capturing new bond products in Loantel and ATLAS systems, processing purchase, sale, redemption and coupon payments as well as timely funding of floating bonds.
- Prepares various reports as requested by the supervisors.
- Reports irregularities to the Supervisor(s) and/or Department Manager on a timely basis.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2+ years of experience in either banking operations or bookkeeping.
- Basic accounting knowledge and good mathematical aptitude.
- Proficiency with PC in business-related applications.
- Bilingual oral and written skills on a business level in both English and Japanese.