An international IT firm is seeking an IT Systems/Network Engineer who has years of experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of computer networks, systems, and services.
- Perform survey, create system and/or network design with detailed documentation, create proposals, implement the systems, provide post implementation assistance to our clients, and keep the documentation up-to-date
- Schedule refreshment cycle of outdated hardware, software, services and perform the replacement
- Spec-out computer and network systems hardware, software, and services
- Provide annual budget planning to our clients for IT related systems
- Routinely check for new security trends and vulnerability, assess our clients’ environment, and work on the remediation
- Study and obtain new IT related certifications
- Provide training to L1 support technicians and entry level L2 engineers
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation
- Perform update of firmware, OS, software, or services to maintain the reliability and security of our clients’ IT related environment
- Perform research and development of new IT related products and technologies
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical assistance to our sales teams and clients
- Troubleshoot advanced system or network issues escalated from L1 technicians
- Respond to technical consultation requests from L1 technicians
- Manage L1 technicians’ workforce for completing large projects
- Actively share new information to L1 technicians that they need to be aware of, in order for L1 support to properly support our customer inquiry
- Prepare and submit the proposals in cooperation with colleagues and provide presentation to customers.
- Provide project coordination and schedule management.
- Must have minimum of 5 year hands-on work experience in System and Network Integration farm.
- Must have CCNP or above Cisco certification, or have equivalent hands-on work experience over 5 years (Expired certification is also accepted).
- Must have MCSE or equivalent hands-on work experience over 5 years (Expired certification is also accepted).
- Must be able to use Cisco CLI to configure Cisco switches and routers.
- Work experience in troubleshooting BGP and/or OSPF routing.
- Work experience in designing and implementing commercial use firewalls such as Fortigate, Juniper SSG/SRX, or Cisco ASA.
- Work experience in designing and implementing multiple Cisco Aironet Wireless Access Points.
- Work experience in multiple VLAN configurations.
- Work experience in configuring both Copper and Fiber GBICs.
- Work experience in configuring EtherChannel, PAgP, or LACP.
- Work experience in iSCSI connections from either Virtual or Physical Servers.
- Work experience in either implementing iSCSI storage systems or operation of the storage systems such as creating a new LUN.
- Must have experience in planning and implementing multiple VMWare ESXi hosts replacement projects.
- Work experience in multiple Domain Controller and Windows DNS server migrations.
- Work experience in Windows File and Print server migration.
- Experience in planning and implementing Microsoft Exchange Servers (2007 or above) migration to upper version on premise Exchange servers or to Office365’s Exchange Online Server.
- Experience in designing and deploying a new Microsoft Exchange Server including DNS record update, UCC install and renewal, Spam Filter integration, Data backup system integration, and client Outlook and ActiveSync devices setup.
- Experience in implementing Email Spam Filer and Web Filters.
- Experience in Office365 Administration.
- Must be able to carry and lift hardware equipment with or without the help of colleagues depending on the weight of the equipment and other conditions.
- Must be able to mount and cable IT equipment.
- Must be able to draw network diagrams using Cisco notations.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Visio to make network and system diagrams.
Additional Skills (Not a requirement)
Experience in Google G-Suite Administration is a plus.
Experience in Microsoft Azure IaaS design and administration is a plus.
Experience in Amazon AWS IaaS design and administration is a plus.
Experience in VeloCloud equipment and services is a plus.
Japanese communication skill is a plus.