Prepares, maintains, and translate of Corporate Action Event notifications and market related publications, as well as maintains and updates contains of relevant pages on the company’s website.
JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Retrieves corporate action notifications generated by Custody Service department, including but not limited to reorganizations, acquisitions, mergers, tender offers, spin off, etc., from internal system and translates these notifications into Japanese for customers.
- Reviews the details of translated document and verifies the accuracy.
- Ensures all assigned Corporate Action events are translated and communicated to customers.
- Prepares, maintains and translates reports, news, publications and other materials to the clients and internal use for both physical and electrical manners.
- Collects all available information related to custody business which includes but is not limited to; market requirement, securities market practice, regulations, taxation, sub custodians’ requirements from various sources such as internet, information vendors, industrial magazines, and co-works with Network management department as a liaison.
- Analyzes the collected information and extract useful information, conduct further research if necessary to prepare the newsletters to distribute to the clients and for internal use.
- Informs manager when potential problems are expected. If a translation problem has occurred an action is required from the administrator to solve.
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy, maintenance and update of the contents of the relevant pages on the Bank’s web site.
- Provides daily monitoring for urgent information, which might require immediate attention of the clients, and responsible reporting of any problems to the manager for further informing appropriate personnel and the clients.
- Attends compliance seminars and passes any tests that may be given
- General Compliance Responsibilities: Monitors the business activities and operations of the Bank for potentially suspicious activities, and, utilizing the Suspicious Activity Reporting Form found in the Bank’s “P” Drive, reports promptly to the Bank’s Secrecy Act Officer and Legal Department all potentially suspicious activities of which the employee becomes aware.
- Provides high quality work by ensuring accuracy and seeking to continuously improve our processes and platforms by embracing new and better ways of doing things
- Performs all functions as assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance Marketing, Accounting or equivalent preferred
- PC skills in Japanese and English (MS word, excel, access).
- Strong attention to detail, communication skills (verbal/writing) in Japanese and English,. Ability to effectively prioritize work in a multiple task environment with critical deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and a limited increase in workload during temporary staff absences as well as maintain productivity during down time.
- Ability to understand, articulate complex research and apply basic concepts of global custody and work effectively in teams.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Corporate Action, usually acquired through course work or experience, is required.
- Knowledge of the securities industry, usually acquired through course work or experience, is required to interpret transaction requirements of corporate security actions and accurately translate corporate action notification.
- Organizational and analytical skills are needed to prepare corporate action information.
- Strong translation skills and good oral and written communications skills
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic