An international firm is seeking a Human Resource Generalist.
Under the direction of the Sr. Manager of HR and Administration, this position requires the exercise of discretion and independent and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource and Administration department.
The position requires the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs, and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas:
HR and Administration Department – Development Support
- Supports the development and administration of department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assist in the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Manages the development and maintenance of the Human Resources websites ERP of in both the Internet, and Intranet (once developed).
- Maintains employee-related databases.
- Manages and provides guidance to the Administration staff with their daily and event/ seasonal gift related duties.
Recruitment, Onboarding and Off boarding
- Manages the recruitment process for exempt, nonexempt employees, temp and interns using the recruiting and hiring practices and procedures the HR and Administration Generalist deems necessary to recruit a high-caliber workforce.
- Conducts the recruitment planning meetings when needed staff is identified.
- Assists with administration of the on and off-boarding process including new hire orientation and exit interviews.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Analyzes and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a fair and high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth, assesses the situation, and makes recommendations about any applicable and appropriate corrective and/or disciplinary action needed.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Assists with the implementation of company safety and health programs.
- Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
- Develops and administers benefits orientations and other benefits training.
- Assesses, and administers disability and worker’s compensation claims.
- Reviews and recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
Performance Management and Training & Development
- Assists with the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs).
- Analyzes, makes recommendations and assists with the establishment of an employee training system that addresses the company’s training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation, management development, and departmental training.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Assists with the monitoring of corporate training budget spend.
- Maintains employee training records.
- Analyzes, makes recommendations, and assists with the carrying out of a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as presentations at company meetings, developing and analyzing employee satisfaction surveys, drafting newsletters, creating employee focus groups, and initiation one-on-one meetings.
- Helps to monitor the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Remain up to date all legal developments and ensure Company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk and maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Maintains high integrity and confidentiality by keeping human resource operations and information confidential.
Office Administration Support
- Providing clerical and administrative support to multiple supervisors.
- Handle administrative requests and queries from senior managers.
- Organize company documents into updated filing systems.
Event Planning and Execution
- Collaborate with interdepartmental teams and group companies to plan and execute corporate events.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Human Resources generalist.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail and solid problem solving skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Flexible when required and keen to learn new things.
- Proven team player.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise significant decision-making authority.