International Cosmetics Company is seeking a Director o Marketing who will be responsible for creating and implementing retail (both B&M and online) focused marketing strategies aligned with the business commercial goals. The individual will act as the brand guardian for the business and inspire the wider marketing, visual merchandising and commercial team and be responsible for being the voice of brands in the US market, ensuring our brand equity and vision is always adhered to.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding and passion for the beauty industry and is dynamic self-starter, who can work closely and confidently with key cross-functional partners.
- Support Senior Management in implementation and execution of marketing plans which develop the brands, in line with the global strategy, which also meet the specific needs of the US & Canadian market
- Gain and communicate a clear understanding of the markets and customer profiles across the region; use retailer and market insight to develop retailer-specific objectives for the seed, tease, launch and sustain periods, with a clear focus on customer acquisition
- Planning and implementing appropriate marketing strategies for specified brands supporting them to reach greater brand awareness and key sales and profitability objectives
- Bring thought-leadership to the regional team, suggesting innovative and disruptive brand activity in the region to raise total brand awareness
- Undertake regular store visits with the Retail and Commercial teams to identify best practices across the industry and opportunities to increase share of voice and ranking in existing regions
- For new and existing markets, work with local agencies to identify partnership opportunities to drive brand awareness and customer acquisition
- Lead The Planning And Launch Of New Retailers & Market Launches
- Shape and deliver new retailer launches and, where applicable, new market launches in close collaboration with related members.
- Ensure a robust sustain plan for new launches is in place to accelerate growth, maintaining ranking & brand awareness
- Support in establishing clear processes within the team which ensure a ‘world class’ delivery is achieved across the region, particularly focusing on the briefing for the field team
- Own the planning and follow-up from the regional Sales & Marketing meeting, to gain alignment from all key stakeholders on the regional team
- Contribute to the maintenance of the marketing calendar, feeding back to Global Marketing on regional nuances and opportunities
- Contribute to the creation and actualisation of the regional marketing budget as well as oversee forecasting of future marketing activities in line with regional sales targets
- Build exceptional relationships with the retailers’ trade marketing and PR teams, to ensure the best possible collaboration and execution of marketing activity. In particular,the department stores to ensure a win-win relationship.
- Build collaborative relationships with all internal functions (digital marketing, sales and education, PR& social media communications, and operations), retail partners and key business stakeholders
- At least 6-8 years’ Marketing experience gained within beauty, skincare or retail
- Have a flexible and professional attitude
- Have exceptional organizational and prioritising skills and show great attention to detail and be results-driven
- Experienced in devising and implementing strategic plans with creative flair
- Excellent leadership, team management and communication skills
- Experience of budget and P&L management
- Can work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Structured and organised
- Collaborative, Proactive & Team Spirited