An innovative medical device company who is providing custom oral devices for snoring and sleep arena is seeking a full time Production Manager primarily focused on all matters relating to production and products. Main responsibility is to oversee a team of technicians who manufacture top-notch quality custom oral sleep appliances and TMJ devices in fast moving environment to ensure each clients’specification is made to their satisfaction.
- Hiring and training technicians.
- Creating workflows for efficient production.
- Managing overtime to meet on time production, while helping the lab to become profitable.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment for tech team.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Handling HR for lab including employee concerns, morale, team building, annual reviews & work culture.
- Inventory and ordering
- Ensure tech staff are efficiently using company software for production trace ability, call notes, QC documentation, on time or delays in production and customer complaints
- Using CRM software to generate reports to understand capacity and workload to carry out monthly staff meetings.
- Communicating with outsourced production on QC concerns, improvements, design changes, monthly summary reports and ways to improve communication with them.
- Communicating with doctors on technical issues.
- Yearly budgeting for the lab.
- Ownership of product changes and provide training and communication to all relevant staff including out sourced location.
- Product development – Including working closely with the R&D and QA.
- Overseeing product testing.
- Creating corrective actions in place for continuous product improvement.
- Preparing the company for digitalization.
- Relaying technical updates to all staff.
- Relating product complaints to tech team.
- Communicating with vendors for material and parts changes.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients for successful customer retention.
- Experience working with dentures, orthodontic devices or nightguards
- Understanding of FDA Quality Assurance processes.Including: training documentation, complaint handling, and working with SOP’s.
- Has experience overseeing a team of technicians.
- Comfortable handling customers over the phone and written correspondence.
- Has experience building a team culture over multiple departments
- Understands the basics of 3D printing.
- Skilled in organization and prioritizing workload.
- Soft skills such as typing speed and a professional phone manner are important
- CDT or MDT qualification is a plus.
- Knowledge of Magictouch CRM is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time