A leading chemical supplier of nutrition/food ingredients is seeking a Bilingual Japanese Customer Relations Specialist who will be responsible for maintaining relationships with their customers and vendors & sales support.
- Work closely with Suppliers to handle their products and maintain a positive business relationship.
- Obtain and advises supplier on all technical documentation regarding managed product, and provide customer activities’ updates to suppliers at request
- Provide Suppliers every month with Monthly Activity Highlights with Top accounts and prospects.
- Provide Suppliers every quarter with Quarterly Analysis Reports with all the activity on customers and prospects and Sales Forecast.
- Manage all imports, samples, regulatory projects with supplier.
- Manage product inventory via company ERP system and supplier agreements with new/existing suppliers.
- Advises new potential suppliers on how to penetrate the market in all categories (Documentation, Regulations, FDA compliance and Safety Data)
- Help coordinate on boarding of new suppliers under evaluation via handling communication, translation, and relationship building
Sales Support/Product Management
- Provide customers directly with pricing, documentation, studies, samples etc. on an as needed basis.
- Support sales staff creating activity for managed products.
- Coordinate sales activity and create proactive follow up and sales plans surrounding your product with various sales staff.
- Conduct market research/analysis connected to managed products.
- Work with the sales team and find the key contact of each company to approach which may include ownership, R&D, Product Development, Marketing, and/or decision-making staff.
- Analyze different market segments to create strategy around the sale of managed products.
- Arrange and attend customer or supplier visits to further promote managed products.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 yrs of working experience in a corporate setting
- Strong communications skill both verbal and written
- Team player, but also self-reliant
- Business level Japanese and English language skill
- Understanding of Japanese business culture